A Midsummer Night’s Dream
England’s Bristol Old Vic and South Africa’s Handspring Puppet Company unite to re-envision Shakespeare’s romantic comedy of love triangles, fairies, and kings. In this session, company members perform excerpts from the play and discuss the sets, costumes, and bold, non-traditional approach to interpreting this Shakespeare classic.
View the Cuesheet performance guide online or use the resources below to go deeper.
- Be sure to check out the Bristol Old Vic and Handspring Puppet Company websites to discover more about these international theater companies.
- The Kennedy Center invites you to Explore Shakespeare, an interactive site where you can dive deeper into the life and legacy of this master playwright.
- Go back to the source and read Shakespeare’s complete works, including A Midsummer Night’s Dream, on the MIT website.
- Go on a virtual tour of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, a replica of the playhouse for which he wrote in London, England.
- Want to direct your own Shakespearean scene? Follow these steps and links from the Folger Shakespeare Library.