Not by Bread Alone
Nalaga’at Theater Deaf-Blind Acting Ensemble
The Nalaga’at Theater Deaf-Blind Acting Ensemble takes the audience on a magical tour of their inner world; the world of darkness, silence, and…bread. As the process of bread-making unfolds on stage, a unique encounter occurs between actors and audience. Together, they reenact vivid or distant memories, dreams, and joyful moments.
View the Cuesheet performance guide online or use the resources below to go deeper.
- Be sure to check out the Nalaga’at Theater Deaf-Blind Acting Ensemble’s website to discover more about the Israeli theater company.
- Visit the VSA website to learn more about the arts and disability. This international organization is dedicated to providing arts and education opportunities for people with disabilities, as well as increasing access to the arts for all.
- Go the Kennedy Center’s website to find more programs from the 2013–14 season’s WORLD STAGES International Theater Festival.
- Are you a storyteller? Create and share your own illustrated stories at Myths and Legends.
- Take it one step further and create and direct your own digital play on Stage'd.