Connections: Science & Math + Music
Did you know that behind every note of music—everywhere from your headphones to stages like the Kennedy Center’s—there’s science and math? Join NSO musicians to discover these often-hidden connections, and get ready for a fun and surprising look at how math, science, and music together bring us the sounds we love.
View the Cuesheet performance guide online or use the resources below to go deeper.
- Be sure to check out concert creator Yvonne Caruther’s website for more about the Connections concert series.
- Find all the Connections concerts on AE and discover music’s links to language, science, and math.
- Learn more about the instruments of the orchestra on AE’s Perfect Pitch.
- Keeping Score features classical composers, musical technique, scores, and history.
- Want to be a musician, too? Sharpen your musical skills with the help of Theta Music Trainer.